Sailing in Alert Level 2
- Everyone must sign in using NZ Covid Tracer App and paper sign in sheets (sailors, non-sailors & visitors).
- Maintain social distancing and good hygiene practices.
- Masks are not mandatory but recommended where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- If you are unwell, have Covid-like symptoms, awaiting a Covid test result or have been in a 'place of interest' please stay home!
- Kitchen is closed. Please do not enter. It may at times be managed by one HYC designated kitchen coordinator only.
- Bring your own water bottle, sunscreen and snacks from home.
- Bar may be open, but do not enter or serve yourself. Only one designated bar manager to enter and serve for the day.
- Changing facilities: maintain social distancing and good hygiene practices. Be considerate with time spent changing and the needs of others.
- Maintain social distancing. Where this is not possible, wear masks and engage good hygiene practices.
- Sailors (and/or their caregivers) to rig and derig their own boats.
- Club Sailing boats: Sailors (and/or their caregivers) to spray and clean these before packing away or passing on to next sailor (emphasis on frequently touched surfaces).
- Club Powerboats: Operators to spray and clean down (emphasis on frequently touched surfaces such as, steering, motor pull cords etc, flags, radios, etc).
- Club lifejackets and clothing loaned. Sailors (and/or their caregivers) to spray down & clean before returning to storage.
- Know your skill levels and sail in conditions you can manage. Although rescue boats are available, minimise these being called upon.
- Sign in all family members (sailors and non-sailors).
- Before entering the building, confirm where your/your child's coaching group-bubble will hold their briefing & setting up boats, etc. Encourage children/youth to stay in their group bubbles for the session. Caregivers, please assist with equipment clean down and pack away before your child departs.
For more info, check the Covid-19 Alert Level 2 page.